Compositional Notation: Ancient Egypt
- Can you sing in tune and in unison to a backing track?
- Can you use non-standard notation to record your composition?
- How easy is it to follow someone else’s graphic notation? Why?
- Can you play the melody with reasonable accuracy, with confidence and in time with others?
- What happens to the pitch when the notes move up the stave?
- What makes this music suitable for the occasion? What instruments can you hear and how does it make you feel?
- Can you work as a group to compose a piece of stately music?
- Did your composition sound stately enough for a pharaoh?
- Does the score you have created accurately represent the music?