RE Year One Summer Term
Learning Theme: Prayer and Worship
- Why do Jewish families say so many prayers and blessings?
- What is being ‘thankful’? Who do you say thank you to?
- How does a Sukkah help Jewish families to be thankful to God?
- What makes us thankful?
- How do Jewish children say thank you to God in blessings?
- What else can we find out about what happens at Sukkot? What else is there to be thankful for?
- What can we ask about the blessing with Lulav and Etrog?
- How are these candles to do with ‘stopping time’?
- What is the story of Creation? What does it say about stopping and resting?
- How does a Jewish family get ready for Shabbat and what prayers are said?
- How does the Jewish community pray at the synagogue?
How does Shabbat end with a blessing and prayer?