Science Year 1 Autumn Term
Chemistry: Everyday materials
- What does the word material mean?
- How many different materials can you name?
- Which material do we have the most of in our classroom?
- Can you list some things that are made out of plastic/wood/metal/rubber/glass?
- Which materials can you see if we walk around our school grounds?
- How can we classify materials [based on simple properties]?
Biology: Animals (including humans)
- A cat is an animal, a dog is an animal, a bird is an animal – are you an animal?
- Can you name the different parts of the human body?
- How do we [humans] use our five senses?
- Where do animals like to live?
- Can you say why some animals are called carnivores/ herbivores/ omnivores?
- Can you help me make a list of some of the things that a carnivore/ herbivore/ omnivore would eat?
- Do animals have ears? Can you see the ears of a blackbird, or a snake or a fish?